Saturday, February 21, 2015

Deviled Eggs - Really Easy

I like deviled eggs and I usually bring them to a picnic or when I'm invited to a BBQ, it seems to me that everyone likes deviled eggs.
Do a quick search on the internet and you'll find probably hundreds of recipes and different ways to spice up your eggs. I like to keep it simple but not boring, that's why I use salad dressing in place of mayonnaise. Ranch dressing, blue cheese, french, cucumber ranch, just about any kind of dressing you like. Creamy dressings only, you don't want to use an oily dressing. By using salad dressing, you can make several different flavors in one batch of eggs with no extra work or preparation.  



First you have to hard boil the eggs, this is how I do it:

  1. Put cold eggs in a pot of cold water. Use a big enough pot to cover the eggs with water and leave space so the eggs aren't touching.
  2. Bring to a full rolling boil.
  3. Boil 5 minutes.
  4. Remove pot from heat. Cover pot and let stand 10 minutes.
  5. Remove eggs from water and refrigerate.   


 After the eggs have cooled completely, peel the shells off, cut the eggs in half lengthwise then carefully remove the yolks with a spoon. Try not to tear the whites.
Mash the yolks just until there are no lumps.


Divide your mashed yolks into smaller amounts and add a different dressing to each. Start out with a small amount of dressing because a little goes a long way, you can always add more if you need it. Scoop the flavored yolks into the whites, and you're done!   

This Velveeta Cheesy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing is the most popular of all.  The name says it all!

1 comment:

  1. I love deviled eggs and with this recipe, it is easy to do. I have never done it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...