Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, November 21, 2016

Spatchcock Your Chicken or Turkey


Spatchcocking simply means to 'butterfly' poultry for a shorter cooking time and more even cooking. I saw it done on the Martha Stewart Show so I had to try it myself.
It's easy to do and only takes a few minutes. A whole chicken cooks in half the time as it would if not spatchcocked. You can do this with your Thanksgiving turkey!






Here are photos of my spatchcocking experience


Cutting out the backbone.


Backbone is removed  (save it for making stock).


Breast side up then press down to flatten.


Season to taste
Mine was a 4 lb. chicken. I roasted it at 450 degrees for 35 minutes.

The short video below shows just how easy it is.




Spatchcocking Supplies


Did you ever spatchcock a chicken?  Please leave a comment below (your comment won't show up right away, it might take a day or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...