Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Chorizo Palmiers



I had an extra sheet of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry in the freezer so I thought I'd make palmiers...southwest style. A quick look in the fridge and I saw chorizo, mushrooms, sharp cheddar and cream cheese.  That's all I needed to get started.






Ingredients:

  • 4 oz. pork chorizo (the soft sausage type)
  • 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry sheet, thawed
Preheat oven to 400° F.
In a small skillet cook the chorizo, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until it's fully cooked. Drain off fat and let it cool.

In a small bowl combine the chorizo and cream cheese.
chorizo and cream cheese


Unfold thawed puff pastry sheet and with a rolling pin gently roll the creases out. (don't roll too much, it'll lose its 'puffability'.
puff pastry
  

Spread the chorizo mixture onto the pastry sheet to about 1/4” from the edge. Add the mushrooms and shredded cheddar on top.


Fold top and bottom ends to the center.


Fold in half.


Slice into 1/2” pieces. You'll get about 14.


Place each slice on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or baking mat. As you can see, some of them I kept in the same shape as the roll, and others I turned the edges out. I did that for no particular reason.

Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Now, these are something that I'd really enjoy Candy. They look so easy to make I'll for sure have to try this one. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy to make Sam. Puff pastry is great for savory appetizers or sweet desserts.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...