I love the combination of flavors in this marinade, it's a little bit hot and a little bit cool. You can adjust the amounts to your liking.
The local supermarket had jumbo shrimp at a price that was too good to pass up!
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 to 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tblsp. cucumber, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime (2 if they're small)
- 1 avocado
- shredded cabbage (optional)
In a large bowl, stir together catsup, lime juice and hot pepper sauce. Add shrimp, tomato, onion and cucumber. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
Just before serving, cut avocado into chunks and add to shrimp mixture.