Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Copycat Cole Slaw - KFC

kentucky fried chicken copycat cole slaw recipe photo by candy dorsey


My mother loved the cole slaw from Kentucky Fried Chicken. So one day, without telling her, I tried making it the same way they do. I brought her a bowl of my copycat KFC cole slaw, still haven't told her I made it, she took a few bites and thanked me for going to KFC for her cole slaw. That's when I told her I made it. She didn't believe me! Here it is.






Ingredients:

  • 1 head green cabbage
  • 1 small carrot or half of a large carrot
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Cut the cabbage into manageable chunks. Discard the stem but be sure to use the white center.
Shred the carrot with a vegetable peeler.
cabbage and shredded cabbage


Finely chop cabbage and carrot together to the size of confetti.
Mix with mayonnaise, sugar and pepper.
cabbage and carrot chopped for cole slaw photo by candy dorsey


Enjoy!



I like to use a knife for chopping but you can use a food processor
Photos by Candy Dorsey except those provided by Amazon

4 comments:

  1. I do love Cole Slaw, this looks so easy to make. Thanks Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like KFC cole slaw, you'll like this!

      Delete
  2. I love coleslaw but I have not tried KFC coleslaw yet.I would love to try this and share this to my fb cooking and baking page. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thelma! Everyone is fooled when I make this cole slaw. They think I bought it at KFC.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...