It takes only a few minutes to make this Egg White Stove-Top Frittata. A heart healthy and diabetic friendly meal can be delicious too. I made it with egg whites, spinach and cherry tomatoes, but you can substitute any vegetable. Serve with fresh fruit on the side for an energy packed breakfast.
✔Consult your healthcare professional for your specific nutritional needs.
Serves 1: (easily modified for more than 1 serving)
- 2 egg whites, whisked just until you see bubbles
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, drained and patted dry
- 5 or 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tblsp. shredded cheddar cheese
Heat oil in a small saucepan, add garlic, spinach and chopped tomato. Saute 2 to 3 minutes. Pour egg whites over mixture. Cook until egg whites begin to set around the edges, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking other side. Top with shredded cheese and remaining tomatoes.
Fresh fruit on the side:
- diced mango
- fresh raspberries
- chopped walnuts