“Black beans are a cowboy's caviar.” I agree with that comment. Add the freshness of lime juice with plenty of heat and you've got a winner for sure. This is my version of Cowboy Caviar. Serve it with tortilla chips, crackers or raw veggies.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed with cold water
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 strips bacon, cooked until crisp then crumbled
- 2 Tblsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender, Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour and all the flavors will come alive.