Cool and refreshing salads are a welcome treat on hot summer afternoons. This Shrimp with Farfalle and Broccoli Salad has the added benefit of being diabetic friendly and heart healthy.
✓Always consult your healthcare professional for your specific nutritional needs.
- 8 oz. whole wheat farfalle (you can substitute no-yolk egg noodles)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets (cooked to desired tenderness and cooled)
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans (if using canned beans, drain and rinse under cold running water)
- 1 Tblsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Cook farfalle as directed on package. Drain and toss with olive oil. Refrigerate. When all ingredients are cooked and cooled, toss with farfalle to thoroughly coat with olive oil. Drizzle with lemon juice just before serving, or serve with lemon wedges on the side.